2022 was another successful year in the books for our bigger. bolder. better. brand. and 2023 is going to be the biggest year for growth yet. Let’s roll the tape back and celebrate our top 10 most notable moments from this year and gear up for what’s ahead:
1. Taco John’s welcomed a new Chief Operations Officer, Mark Kocer, an industry veteran, to our executive leadership team.
2. We reached another year of record sales, helping us reach ~370 locations across the U.S.
3. We signed multiple area development agreements for new markets and finished the year with a pipeline that will allow us to have the biggest store growth in history in 2023. This year, Taco John’s is slated to open 22 restaurants and 120 locations total over the next four years.
4. Taco John’s opened a new restaurant support center, test kitchen and sensory testing lab in Minneapolis as part of our initiative to drive momentum for our 53-year-old household name.
5. Included in our test kitchen efforts, we’re rolling out a menu makeover, testing out new items like the Pulled Pork Quesadilla as part of our goal to satisfy customer cravings and drive expansion outside our Midwest roots and expand into Eastern and Southern states.
6. We launched a new points-based loyalty program, in which customers earn 10 points per every dollar spent, and earn their first reward at 100 points.
7. Meritage Hospitality Group, the mega operating group home to Wendy’s locations across the U.S., is rolling out Taco John’s locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan as part of the agreement to open 50 Taco John’s restaurants by 2026, with exclusive options to open another 150 locations.
9. We received impressive brand recognition being rated Top 10 in Entrepreneur’s “Top Food Franchises of 2022” for the Mexican Food category. And let’s not forget we were listed on the Franchise Times Top 500 list yet again!
10. 2022 ended on a high note as we spread our legacy brand to the Northeast. In February, we’re set to launch our first location in the Boston area.